Can you believe the spring KidStuff Sale events are almost here? As you continue (or, ahem, begin) to prep and tag your items, we wanted to remind you of these basic points.
- All clothing must be free of stains and holes.
- Garments that are well presented tend to sell better- a quick “steam refresh” in the dryer or light ironing can make all the difference!
- Outfits usually sell better than single pieces.
- Onesies should not be hung unless part of an outfit- there will be bins for onesies.
- Shoes will be inspected- be sure to wash them (magic erasers are great on scuffs!) and only bring seasonally appropriate shoes.
- You MUST use white cardstock paper.
- Hangers open to the left.
- Tags go in the upper right corner as you look at the garment.
- Unless you will be donating all your unsolds, your sort code (first letter of your last name) needs to be on your tag (you can use a scrapbooking stamp, pre-print it on your cardstock, or simply handwrite it).
- I recommend including any special features on your tag that may not be quickly noticed, but that shoppers are looking for (for example, “adjustable waist”).
- Use baggies, cable ties, and/or packaging tape to help tags stay with oddly shaped items like shoes, toys, and infant gear.
You can find all of the detailed prepping and tagging information you need on our website! http://kidstuffsale.com/consignors/