They’re here! They’re here! KidStuff Sale spring events are finally here! I’m like a little kid at Christmas, anxiously awaiting to see this year’s haul! We focus a lot on preparing our sellers, so today I wanted to help prepare our shoppers for the sales.
If you’ve never been to a KidStuff Sale event before, hold on tight. I won’t lie. The first time I came to a sale, I was about 6 months pregnant with my first child. I walked in, and I promptly walked right back out. I was so overwhelmed. There was so.much.stuff.
At my friend’s insistence, I turned around and went back in. And I’ve never looked back. Six years later, I remain a dedicated KidStuff Sale shopper because there is so.much.stuff. So, here are a few of my personal tips to successful shopping at KidStuff Sales events- whether it’s your first event or your twentieth!
- Bring something to help you carry things. KidStuff Sale provides amazingly huge bags, but many people like to have a wagon or stroller as well. I’ve also seen shopping carts, laundry baskets, and rolling racks- we’re a creative bunch if it helps us get great deals!
- Prioritize what you are looking for, and be diligent in making yourself go in order. You’re going to be like a kid in a candy store- “High Chair! Shoes! Books! Clothes! Stroller!” If you don’t know what you HAVE to have, you’ll run around in circles and forget to snag the things you really need.
- Take advantage of KidStuff Sale’s unique holding area for large items so that you don’t have to drag them around with you.
- If possible, I recommend shopping without your children. If that’s not possible for you, bring things to keep them entertained- small toys, books, electronic games, snacks. But- please be mindful of small sticky fingers and all of the clothing and other items for sale.
- Bring your patience, especially if you are shopping a pre-sale or at high volume times. There are a lot of deal-seeking parents in Kentuckiana, and even with tons of registers open and lots of volunteers, the lines may take a while and the aisles may get tight. Take the time to make some new friends!
- DON’T gamble on something still being there at discount day. If you need or want an item, and it’s a great price, I can tell you it probably won’t still be there at discount day. BUT…
- DO come back to discount day! There are always lots of great deals to be found- some items may be perfect for your budget at the discount price, or you may stumble across a hidden gem that was overlooked during the regular sale.
I look forward to seeing everyone at the upcoming KidStuff Sale events, and HAPPY SHOPPING!